The Glenn Gould Remastered – The Complete Album Collection box set
- Remastered from the original analogue tapes using state-of-the-art Direct Stream Digital (DSD) mastering technology
- From his legendary 1955 Goldberg Variations to his last recordings from 1982
- Deluxe packaging with 81 CDs and 416-page hardcover book
- Including 3 CDs of interviews with Glenn Gould
- Original LP sleeves and labels
- Introductory essay by Gould scholar and biographer Kevin Bazzana
- Complete original liner notes (many penned by Gould himself)
- Facsimile documents, photographs & complete discographical information
The Sound of Glenn Gould
In 1956 Glenn Gould’s first Columbia Masterworks release, Bach’s Goldberg Variations, took the music world by storm and immediately established the 23-year-old Canadian pianist as one of the most brilliant, original, charismatic and provocative classical performers of his time. Sixty years later, Gould’s prolific recorded output remains a stimulating presence, thanks to Sony Classical’s newly remastered collection of his complete authorized recordings in an 81-CD edition. The Sound of Glenn Gould presents highlights from this definitive presentation of the legendary pianist’s discography.
Goldberg Variations on Vinyl
Gould’s legendary recordings of the Goldberg Variations (1955 and 1981) will be reissued on audiophile 180g vinyl.
For the first time in its history, the 1981 version will be transferred from the newly rediscovered analogue master tape.
Goldberg Variations 1955
Now for the first time on 180g audiophile vinyl.
Transferred from the original analog master tapes.
High quality pressing, giving a true sense of the original.
Goldberg Variations 1981
The recently discovered analog reels from the legendary 1981 recording sessions for the Goldberg Variations – now available for the first time on 180g audiophile vinyl.
High quality pressing for a true analog experience.
Glenn Gould Remastered – The Complete Album Collection – USB Edition
Glenn Gould Remastered – The Complete Album Collection – USB Edition refurbishes Gould’s complete approved studio recordings using state-of-the-art Direct Stream Digital (DSD) technology in a 78 albums limited USB-edition. The 404 page digital book includes complete original liner notes (many penned by Gould himself), a wealth of facsimile documents, rare photographs, full discographical information, and a newly commissioned introductory essay by Gould scholar and biographer Kevin Bazzana.
Format: USB 3.0
File System: FAT32
Content: Flac Files, MP3 Files