Like you, we too are avid fans of Glenn Gould. Worldwide there are many institutions and initiatives devoted to preserving Glenn Gould’s legacy and below we have brought their differing strands of online news together – into one meeting place. Here you can find an overview of what is happining in the world of Glenn Gould.
If you click on one of the headlines below you will be directed to the original article on an external website. We hope that this is a useful feature for you: The most interesting news about Glenn Gould in one place.
- Alma Deutscher – Composer, Violinist, Pianist – Canadian DebutAnnouncing The Twelfth Glenn Gould Prize Jury Celebration Concert Alma Deutscher Composer, Violinist, Pianist Canadian Debut Friday April 13, 20188:00 p.m., Koerner Hall, Royal Conservatory of Music273 Bloor St. W. Toronto Tickets The Glenn Gould Foundation is honoured to announce the members of ... read more
- For Glenn Gould: An Interview with Stewart GoodyearHailed as one of Canada’s finest pianists, Stewart Goodyear has made an extraordinary career performing as a concerto soloist, recitalist and recording artist. He is also an accomplished composer and improviser. His recordings of the complete Beethoven Piano Sonatas, of Ravel, Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky have ... read more
- Spotlight on David Mondedeu: Variations on a SongA Solitary Artist’s Brilliant Photographic Collection Inspired by Gould’s Goldbergs David Mondedeu certainly defies both trends and stereotypes. ... read more
- Happy Birthday Mr Gould | D Major TV
- Gidon Kremer’s Hommage à Glenn Gould in MontréalOn October 28, world-renowned violinist and conductor, Gidon Kremer, appeared for a special performance in Montréal in celebration of the legacy of Glenn Gould. Co-presented by The Glenn Gould Foundation, l’Orchestre de la ... read more
- Reflections on a tribute to Glenn GouldReflections on a tribute to Glenn Gould by Sébastien Bouveyron, violinist, Musical Director of Ensemble Magnétis, September 2017 « The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of ... read more